Friday, August 3, 2007

Wellness ... An Industry?

Many people ask why I'm writing this blog on wellness. Here's a little of my background and how I got to this point.

I grew up with my grandparents, so I learned to do things the old-fashioned way. One of those ways was to have a victory garden. My grandmother would take the daily coffee grounds from the percolator to augment the soil around different plants. We didn't have a garbage disposal, so leftovers were composted and enriched the soil in our garden. She'd carefully water and weed each row. We grew apples and apriots. Mums and African Violets. Chicory, napa cabbage, chives, and several of our daily greens. All within a city lot.

Coming from a working family, we ate a 3 or 4 course meal each day. Our dinners began with soup, followed by a salad and/or vegetable dish, followed by fish or fowl or huntsman's catch! All of the color of our meals came from the garden.

Soon, victory gardens became floral gardens as grocery stores offered produce from all over the world. We're now able to get "out of season" produce. As the demand for store-bought produce grew, factory farms evolved. Unfortunately, with such large farms and attempting to avoid the dust bowl again, many chemical additives were introduced to our food supply. These fertilizers and pesticides allowed farmers to grow large beautiful produce. But the taste and nutrient value declined.

Fast forward and my children can't believe I'd eat a "plant"! Pesticides and over-growing the land has depleted our produce of the essential minerals, vitamins, and the taste that we used to have from our victory gardens. Kids now equate produce with bland.

At the same time, our nation's health has declined. Not just the elderly, but our children too! Combine this with a faltering healthcare system, and we have a lot of people suffering from malnourishment and overdoses of drugs. We've been brainwashed into believing in synthetic drugs and vaccines. But trends show that we are not getting better.

Now growing up with my grandparents, I was also raised on home remedies. My grandmother had recipes for just about any normal household ailment. There used to be a saying "Mother Knows Best" when it came to family health. That saying is now mostly lost.

I wanted to revive my grandmother's legacy for my own children. I studied homeopathy when my children were born and I was able to treat most of the normal childhood illnesses without a trip to the doctor. My informal medical studies were stymied,however, by the rapid growth of my children's medical needs as they became teenagers. I started to face broken bones, lacerations, deep bruises, bumps, and the like. I was growing out of just the mere toothache, stomach flu, or runny nose stage.

So, when I found the SCENAR, I was impressed! I was able to continue to be the primary healer for my family. Teen years also brought on skin and heart issues. I found that their skin and their hearts required essential nutrients that were no longer being provided by our foods. I looked for a better tasting alternative to pills. That's when I came across Vemma!

Also in the teen years, I found that emotional health is an extremely important factor. To address this, I found Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) while listening to a Peak Potentials seminar. EFT is a method that quickly resolves ailments due to the effects of our emotions. To get better acquainted with EFT, watch this video:






Watch the new EFT video



My life is not uncommon. Check out the research done by Paul Zane Pilzer in his new book called "The New Wellness Revolution". Here is a preview of his book. Paul notes that with the size and buying power of my generation, we have created a whole new industry ... the Wellness Industry!

Paul also stated that now is a great time to develop your own business in this burgeoning industry. Supporting the Wellness industry is the growing trend in network marketing! What? You think it's a scam? Certainly not! Before you draw conclusions, I invite you to watch this movie: Brilliant Compensation.

Let me know what you think!

BodyElectric

0 comments:

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!